Friday, August 22, 2008

Wise Grasshoppa's Revenge

For the record, I am NOT a bug enthusiast.

It's just when you own a macro lens, you tend to look for little things to shoot. Somewhat neurotically. And in case you haven't noticed, I'm a wee wacko for macro.

Whatev.

I was picking tomatoes from our garden when Toddler found and wanted to befriend this wise grasshoppa.


I ran inside to get my camera, swapped lenses and was surprised to find him still posing (and even alive) when I returned.

As I fired off a few shots, Toddler's 2 seconds of patience expired and he went in for the grasshopper grab. Wise grasshoppa lunged at me and landed smack in the middle of my lens.

I jumped. I FREAKED. I made a fool of myself. The neighbor was concerned there was a fire. So yeah, this may be my last bug shot.

And look at his expression in the shot, doesn't it appear he's staring ME down? Grasshat.

106 COMMENTATORS: