Friday, June 29, 2007

Photo Story Friday - Home

Photostory FridayNeed an idea for a Friday/weekend post?

Let a photograph help you out. Cecily and I are going to jointly host Photo Story Friday each week.

A photograph can be worth a thousand words. Sometimes the photo doesn't tell the whole story. Practice photography and share the story behind your photo(s).

Have a camera? Oh come on, play along!



THE RULES:
1- Post photo(s) that YOU took and simply tell the story behind it. Explain why you pressed the shutter button, what memory it invokes, what we don't know, why you love it or why you don't. Any subject. Humor and sarcasm; always optional. The shot doesn't have to be technically or creatively perfect; life isn't.

2- Mr. Linky goes up Thursday night. Sign Mr. Linky at your convenience and link your direct post (not your front page - here's how) at Cecily's or Mama Geek's.

3- Copy the logo code into your photo post, so the other participants can be easily found and visited. Please play nice, keep it clean or get deleted. And please visit others!



TWO LOGO CODES TO CHOOSE FROM:
Small Logo Code (150 x 100 - copy code below)Big Logo Code (200 x 130 - copy code below)


PhotoStory Friday
Hosted by Cecily and MamaGeek



PhotoStory Friday
Hosted by Cecily and MamaGeek






FAQs:
Q: So, what is PSF?
A: PSF = PhotoStory Friday.

Q: Where does the logo code have to go?
A: Anywhere in the PSF post is fine. The logo is to allow other participants to be easily found / visited.

Q: Can I post multiple photos in my PSF post?
A: Yes, yes, yes.

Q: ^*&!@#! Why was my link deleted from Mr. Linky?
A: Sorry. If we didn't see logo code/determined your post was a PSF post we deleted it to combat spammers whom add their crap for traffic. Just add the code and re-sign Mr. Linky.

Q: ^*&!@#! I accidentally added an incorrect link into Mr. Linky?
A: No problem. Just resign Mr. Linky correctly and I will whack the bad link.

Q: Can I host a Mr. Linky at my site?
A: Please. Don't.

Q: Do I need a dSLR to play along?
A: Absolutely not.

Q: How do I link directly to my post (create a permalink)?
A: Here are instructions.

Q: Can I Photoshop the images?
A: As long as you took the shot, you can do whatever you like.

Q: Can I just post a photo without a story?
A: Yes.

Q: I tried to link up on a Monday but didn't see Mr. Linky?
A: Due to spammers, we usually take down Mr. Linky on Mondays. It IS up Friday thru Sunday.




[Mr. Linky goes up each Thursday night. Check back then to sign in and play along!]