Thursday, June 28, 2007

Bumbo Chair Recall

Update: 10/25/2007: There is a Bumbo Chair Recall.

Update 10/2007: We have put Bumbo away; read what happened to us.

I wonder if there will be a Bumbo Chair recall due to recent investigations, warnings and safety concerns. Reportedly, the CPSC has opened an investigation.


----
After becoming a stay-at-home-mom (SAHM), I soon realized how sore my back was from carrying my infant son around EVERYWHERE. After doing some research I found the Bumbo chair and ran to Target to buy one. It was the best $40 I spent post-birth for him (and me)!

The chair is super light-weight and very portable (you can actually carry your baby in the chair) and it comes in a variety of pastel-ish colors. It is recommended for infants who can hold their heads up on their own. Our son started using it at 3 months and is still using it at 10 months!

The Bumbo chair allowed him to play with toys safely and comfortably . . . while giving me back my arms for periods of time. I put old Bumbo next to me on the kitchen counters when I make dinner (his and/or ours) and I haul that thing to Grandma's . . . I love it! Bumbo has worked wonders for us!


1 COMMENTATORS: